Thursday 7 August 2014

Wishlist Wednesday #8

Wishlist Wednesday #8

Wishlist Wednesday is hosted by Pen to Paper and it is where you talk about one book which is on your wishlist.
My Wishlist Wednesday book is...

THE WINNER'S CURSE BY MARIE RUTKOSKI

Winning what you want may cost you everything you love 
As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. 
One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. 
But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. 

I discovered this book a few months ago, possibly just after it was released and then I added this book to my wishlist on April 26 2014. 

There was a lot of hype about this book. Everywhere on Goodreads there was beaming reviews and people reading it. Now, I haven't seen much about it, but still the hype was there and even though I'm suspicious about hype, I decided to add it to my wishlist anyway.

I find the world that has been described in the blurb very appealing. A world stricken with war and the main character with only two dreadful, ultimate choices. Join the military or marry. This is what has drawn me most to the book and continues to peak my interest.

The cover is so gorgeous also, and unique in it's way. Having the title font run sideways instead of the usual way captures the eyes as does the girl's hand which clutched the 'R'. It is a unique take on the normal girl on the cover, which has been used on many, many books.

I am intrigued with the blurb. It is that type of blurb that just screams "I'M AN ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT BOOK!! BUY ME!! READ ME!!"  And that's the way I feel about this book so hopefully *finger's crossed* I won't be disappointed.

Marie Rutkoski is a new author to me (A lot of new authors have been added to my wishlist lately) and I haven't read anything by her.

So guys, have any of you read this book??? If so, what did you think of it? Or if not, would you read it?? :)

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book but just like you I was intrigued by the cover so hopefully I'll get around to read it at some point! Great post by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! :) Ya, hopefully both of us will get to read it soon :)

      Delete