Sunday 4 January 2015

Book Review - The Elite by Kiera Cass

The Elite

(The Selection #2)

Author: Kiera Cass

Genres: Young Adult, Dystopia, Romance.

Published: April 23 2013

Pages: 323 pages (Paperback Edition) (HarperCollins)

Read: January 2015

Rating: 4 Stars


The Selection began with thirty-five girls. Now, with the group narrowed down to the Elite, the competition to win Prince Maxon's heart is fiercer than ever--and America is still struggling to decide where her own heart truly lies. Is it with Maxon, who could make her life a fairy tale? Or with her first love, Aspen, who she always thought was the one?

America is desperate for more time. But the rest of the Elite know exactly what they want--and America's chance to choose is about to slip away.

Book 2/60 - 2015 Goodreads Reading Challenge


I got The Elite for Christmas of 2014 and I was delighted because I had read The Selection in 2013 and loved it and I had also bought The One last year in 2014 but alas I didn't have The Elite so that was a definite for my Christmas List.

The sequel for The Selection was good. I enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy it as much as I did The Selection but I still did enjoy it hence the 4 Star rating. The Elite was a quick, easy read.

Just like The Selection had, The Elite contained that smile, it's so easy going atmosphere. Even with the troubles brewing there was never a moment when I felt tense or suspense or any keep you on your feelings. Which isn't a bad thing. This book, these books are a nice, refreshing, easy read where I don't get jarred or shocked or break down in hysterics. As I mentioned in 2013, The Selection was a book that had me smiling the whole way through, The Elite just the same.

The one thing that did bother me slightly was America's character. Sometimes I really just wanted to shake her. There was so much indecision on her part, so much confusion and I didn't think that it suited her or should have went on for as long as it did honestly, just make your god damn mind up America!! Maxon went through quite a transformation too in this book. Is this good or bad?? Hard to say at the minute... I need to see more.... 

The plot was the plot of The Selection - the competition and it's progression. I was shocked at some events and didn't see many of them coming, really didn't see some of them coming at all and I hope we get to see more beyond the competition in The One. I want to find out more on the country, the war, everything else that was sparked beyond the competition itself. Please let me get my answers!!! Or else just soothe my curiosity..

One thing for certain is that I will be delving myself into The One soon, not this month because I'm booked up but soon, definitely before The Heir comes out!! (which is proposed for May 5th)

http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9780062059970/?a_aid=yabookaholic123

No comments:

Post a Comment