Saturday 13 June 2015

Personal Project - Defeating My TBR

Personal Project - Defeating My TBR

I have been in a war with my TBR since I became a reader, yes, even before I discovered BookTube or Blogging. So you can imagine how the war is going now. I honestly can't even remember a time when I didn't have a TBR.

But even though I said I am in a war, I really don't want to get rid of my TBR either. I just want it to become manageable. Manageable being having a TBR of a number between 10 and 20 books. That is manageable. For me anyway. Unfortunately I am no where near this number as many of you may know already. 

As of right now, I have 129 books on my TBR. This number has been staying the same for the last year simply because for the amount of books I read, I buy new books and suddenly the number is the same again.

I have really tried many things to cut down on my TBR though. I have went on the dreaded book buying ban (which have all failed miserably), I have sorted out my shelves, I have done challenges to motivate myself to keep reading but no solution seems to be getting my TBR down... (you can keep an eye out for later discussions about tbr's, book buying bans and unhauls in the future). But for now, yup, none of those means have worked.

I have started a new ritual though. It is of sorts a book buying ban but it is more easier for me and more tailored to suit my means. For anyone who read my wrap-up you know what I'm talking about for those of you who haven't, here's what it is:
From phase 1 - 5 for every 3 books I read, I get to buy a book, then from phase 6 - 10 for every 5 books I read I get to buy a book and this continues along until the maximum for every 10 books I read I get to buy a new book.

Therefore if I keep to this schedule by the end of the year my TBR should be 100 books, as I should be able to finish Phase 10 by the end of he year.

It'll be nowhere near my goal of between 10 and 20 but it would be a massive improvement on how things are currently.

So that is it for this post, and look out for future posts and updates either in my wrap ups or in an individual post of it's own. (I haven't decided yet...)

1 comment:

  1. i completely understand, i'm the same, that's why i'm limiting buying book until i finish the books that i need to finish on my tbr. Knocking two out of the way this week.

    ReplyDelete