Wednesday 22 July 2015

Interview with a BookTuber!!

Interview with a BookTuber!!

As a part of a new feature here on my blog, I have decided to interview some fellow people in the book loving world. 

This first interview is an interview with new BookTuber Joe, who is a BookTuber from Ireland!!

Tell us a bit about yourself?
Well where do you begin to tell people about yourself? Hardest question to ask a person, if this question was sorted into a Hogwarts house it would be a Slytherin! Which leads me off my little rant LOL. 
I’m a very relaxed easy going person, and generally chatty (once I get going I don’t stop) kinda like the phase “once you pop you can’t top”. 
A massive Harry Potter fan, since I began reading the books back before they were popular and before it was even known to be a film (1998/1999). 
I read a lot of different books, but normally it’s a good fantasy, sci-fi or horror book although I’m starting to branch off that now thanks to BookTube. 
I’m also a big computer geek, and know way too many computer coding languages; (I studied IT and Development in College). 
If I was a character in a book, I would probably be the nerdy comic relief for all those awkward situations. 
I should also point out I’m probably the least serious person you could meet EVER! But you’d know that from my youtube channels :D 
To know me you need these few things:
• Harry Potter
• Computers
• Magic The Gathering 
• Music



How did you find out about BookTube and what made you join?
I’ve known about BookTube for a while, but I rarely had the time to do anything about joining it as I was in College and working too so my free time was also a juggle between work and college work. Now it’s just work. Why not join BookTube? I love reading being dyslexic, reading has always been a challenge (I love a good challenge) but I’ve always loved reading and I always wanted to be a writer, and maybe one day I will be!? Who knows. With BookTube, I can share my love of reading with others who love it too, and to be honest I’m sorry that I didn’t get involved in it sooner ‘cause right now I love it and the community. 


How long have you been on BookTube now?
I’ve been on BookTube since January of 2015, so roughly 6 months heading into my 7th month now soon in July. 


What would be your most enjoyable part of BookTube?
The most enjoyable part of booktube for me, would have to be sharing my thoughts on books that I’ve read and sharing the book I want to or going to read for the month. I also love the community, though I’m still new to it I’m hoping that my network will grow. 

Who on the BookTube community inspires you most?
I watch a lot of different BookTubers, and have been for a long time so to name those out I think maybe a bit unfair as there are some amazing BookTubers that I watch whether they’re big or small…


What advice would you give to someone thinking about joining BookTube?
If you want do it go for it. If you got a love of books and reading and want to share it. Again Go For It. You got nothing to lose and everything to gain. 


What is your opinion on book blogs?
I’m very open minded to book blogs, everyone has his or her own opinion. Not everyone will agree, and sometimes book blogs can throw a lot of hate at a book or series that you may really like or love. In saying that book blogs can also introduce you to new and interesting books so they have their positive sides as to their negative side. 


At the moment, what are you currently reading?
1. Darkness of Light by Stacey Marie Brown
2. A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
3. Throne of Glass by Sarah Maas 
4. Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott



What is your all time favourite book? (hard question, I know :P)
I can just pick one!
Harry Potter (1-7)



And finally if there's anything else you want to add or talk about?
I’d love people to come by my YouTube Channels

BookTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4f...

Normal YouTube: 
https://www.youtube.com/JoesWorldOfRa...

GoodReads: 
https://www.goodreads.com/JoeReadsBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment