Tuesday 7 July 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #12

Top Ten Tuesday #12

Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read.


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and consists of them picking a topic each week for us bloggers to list our Top Ten.

I must say that there are quite a few books on this list. Some I'm ashamed of, others I will probably never read...

1. Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
It's a shock, I know!! But I am going to read this book / series at some point in time. I'm working on collecting the new edition covers. So far I have none but we shall see in time :P

2. The Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout
This book / series was everywhere. I seen it on all the blogs, youtube videos, everything. But it only released recently in Ireland in the bookstores but honestly I have no interest in ever reading this book....

3. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
This is another book that got an extreme amount of hype when it was released and afterwards but again I have no interest in reading this book at all. 






4. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
This was just released as a movie I believe, but I still have no interest in reading this book and won't be following the hype...

5. An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
I really really, want to read this completely over-hyped book, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet ...

6. The Queen of The Tearling by Erika Johansen
This is another book that I want to get around to too to see whether the hype is worth it or not :p






7. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
There is a lot of talk about this book. Everyone seems to love it and the otp in this book, but I just ffind no interest in reading it at all...

8. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Another hyped book with a movie adaptation. I haven't seen the movie. I haven't read the book and i don't plan on doing either in the future.

9. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Again, a very much hyped book. But now I seem to be seeing mixed reviews as I go along. This is another book that I just didn't find any interest in either. Oh well!!


Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1)



10. The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
This book has the same reasons as Shatter Me and The Darkest Minds. I just have no real interest in reading it...

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)



What hyped books have you never read?? Or which ones have you not read yet?

20 comments:

  1. HP, Lux, and Kiss of Deception are great. Definitely recommend these ones.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my TTT

    My $30 giveaway ends soon so check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya I definitely want to pick up HP to read it to my little brother :P Not sure about the other two though, thanks for commenting!! :)

      Delete
  2. hey!
    same for An Ember In The Ashes, i want to read it so much!!!
    oh, you're not interested in The Darkest Minds? it's one of my favorite series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya!! I'm still waiting for it to come on the shelves here in Ireland :P
      I know, I haven't seen The Darkest Minds around here in bookstores yet and just don't seem too excited to read it ya know... I'm really glad you loved it though :D

      Delete
    2. personally i don't really have an excuse since i do most of my book shopping online.... i think i just need motivation :p
      ah, i get it :p

      Delete
    3. Haha, ya I'll have to start shopping online again I think :P But then there's way too much temptation :P And next thing you know there's 20 books in your cart whereas when they aren't in the shop, you can't get it :P

      Delete
  3. Great Top Ten list! I completely forgot to add Shatter Me to mine, but that's definitely a book I've heard so much about but never got around to reading. But now that it's going to become a series, I'm moving it up a bit on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Top Ten list! I completely forgot to add Shatter Me to mine, but that's definitely a book I've heard so much about but never got around to reading. But now that it's going to become a series, I'm moving it up a bit on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!!
      Ya there's like 3 books and then a novella to the Shatter Me series, I think :)
      Thanks for commenting :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list!! I haven't read any of the books mentioned in your post either!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-hyped-books-ive.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm assuming Harry Potter is one you're ashamed of not having read yet?

    I recently saw the movie Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. If the book is like it, I'd say it'd be worth a library borrow and not a purchase. And *sigh* Ember in the Ashes is everywhere. I really have to hop on that book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya!! I just bought the first book yesterday :D

      Ya, some of those books, I think the movie would set the tone of the book. Like I think The Duff would be a good movie, but not the type of book I'd read. The same with Pretty Little Liars. I love the tv show, but I never even thought about picking up the books..
      It is everywhere!! O.o

      Delete
  8. You haven't read Harry Potter?!?!?!?!?! O_____O you need to! hahahaha no pressure though ;)
    I also need to read The Kiss of Deception, it's on my priority TBR list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! I bought the first book yesterday though :)
      Let me know if you enjoy it :D

      Delete
  9. There was a time about 15 years ago where I swore up and down I was never going to read Harry Potter. Back then I was a bit snobby about books and wouldn't read anything with lots of hype. Then a few years later I pulled a muscle in my back and was laid up in bed. I couldn't reach the remote and the first Harry Potter movie came on. I was like hmmm the movie isn't too bad maybe I'll check out the books. That's all it took. I've read them all at least 4 times and the first book I've read about 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! I've seen all the movies too and loved them!! It's not an Irish holiday without the Harry Potter movies being shown on tv!! So I grew up watching Harry Potter at Christmas and Easter.
      I've just bought the first book and really hope I enjoy them too!!

      Delete
  10. I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books either, and I don't really plan on it. I thunk it has to do with the fact that I watched the movies religiously when I was a child, I practically it all memorized, and I know that the books will obviously be different but I feel like since I know how every book will end, and everything in between that, I'd probably find it boring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually like that when I see a movie before a book, I won't end up picking up the book. And I was like you, growing up watching the Harry Potter books :P I remember being so scared watching Chamber of Secrets because of the snake, I was like 6 or 7 at the time :P
      But I'm going to give the books a go anyway, I want to read them with my brother who is now 7 and should be coming into the Harry Potter phase now :P

      Delete