Monday 31 August 2015

August 2015

August 2015 Book Haul / Wrap Up 

August is now over! And my little brother is off to school now on the first of September. Summer is practically over and well.... what can ya do?? Winter is coming!! :P

August 2015 Book Haul

Here I was, expecting to not have a book haul this month, I was so delighted with myself but then August 27th happened and August 28th and well, guess what... I got books!

  • The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
  • The Rest Of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
  • One by Sarah Crossan
So what happened was that August 27th arrived and well it was he publication day for both One and The Rest of Us Just Live Here and I was in town and then I was near a bookstore and one thing led to another and I left with them and with an extra edition too, The Dead House, because it looked fantabulous and I just couldn't leave it there either.

Then August 28th came around and there was a knock on my door and I'll be damned there was the post man with an owlcrate box in his hands. So yup, on August 28th I received my first owlcrate box! You can see it picture below and for to head to my unboxing post click here!



August 2015 Wrap Up

Here is my recap for August!! :) I honestly think that I had a great reading month for
1. The amount of books I read and
2. The quality of books that I read :D

What Was Read:


Defeating My TBR Progress!!

My, my, my, as you may remember from my July post, I had 124 books left on my TBR and was counting down the numbers to 120 and I have done it!! My TBR is now at 120! :D It would have been less, but I splurged on some books as you can see above...


Other News:

Book Reviews which I was behind in and that were written this month are all linked below (I was trying to catch up on them all and I have succeeded!!):
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick

I also had some discussion / tag posts / read-a-thons, linked below:
- BookTube-A-Thon & Wrap Up

And lastly, I participated in some memes. You can find those linked below too:
Top Ten Tuesday #14
Top Ten Tuesday #15
- Top Ten Tuesday #16
- Top Ten Tuesday #17
Wishlist Wednesday #2
- Wishlist Wednesday #3
- Wishlist Wednesday #4
- Wishlist Wednesday #5
Best of the Bunch #3


And that is it for my wrap up and book haul!!
How was your August??

3 comments:

  1. I think Owlcrate and other subscription boxes are so great, I love the fact that you're receiving books but you don't know what you're going to get! It's like having a gift (well, from yourself, but still). I'm glad to see you liked what they sent you!
    You had a great reading month!! (and so many five stars!)
    I'm eager to see your review of Cress :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. (and obviously I forgot to finish my comment) I don't know if it's just me or not, but I figured I should tell you anyway, I can't some of your pictures on your posts. In this one, I can't see either of them, and on the Owlcrate Unboxing one I see some of the photos, but not all of them. I mean, maybe it's just me and my awful internet connexion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm what are you looking at it from?? I checked both my desktop and phone platforms and all the pictures show up. I know if I looked through bloglovin, they wouldn't and I have to use Chrome as the search engine too. It could be the search engine or something. I'm not sure to be honest but noooo, you can't see all my pictures :'(
      I should have the review of Cress up today :P

      Delete