Monday 26 October 2015

Book Review - Divine Intervention by Edward Davies

Divine Intervention

Author: Edward Davies

Genres: Novella.  

Published: December 7 2011

Pages: 88 pages (E-book)

Read: September 2015

Rating: 2 Stars




"Jimmy Stewart Moon - his parents had been big fans of 'It's A Wonderful Life' - was bored, but not for much longer...
When he accidentally falls out of his bedroom window whilst peeping at his next door neighbour, he meets Frank – a man who claims to be God! Not only that, but Frank claims that His only reason for being on Earth is to help Jimmy get together with the girl of his dreams.
Unfortunately where there’s God, it always follows that there’ll be a Devil!

Book 38/60 - 2015 Goodreads Reading Challenge

I received this book for free from the author. This does not affect my review. 

Divine Intervention is a short story written by Edward Davies. It is about a young man who wants to get with a girl but then the help of two angels come along and not only do the angels come along but the devil does too. 

I didn't really like this story, more due to the manner and plot of the story rather than the writing. I found the writing of this story to be very good, it was just that I had no interest in Jimmy. I quite disliked him actually which led to me not caring about what happened to him or anything. The other characters in this book didn't interest me either unfortunately and neither did the plot. 

All in all, I didn't really enjoy this book, but it may be a gem to someone else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment