Sunday 1 November 2015

October 2015

October 2015 Book Haul / Wrap Up

October was just a great month in general, what with all the spookiness, great book releases and of course I went to my first ever book convention! Yay! So let me tell you all about my October!

October 2015 Book Haul

This month I bought quite a few books but as well as that I received some free books from the DeptCon1 YA Convention too!



  • Asking For It by Louise O' Neill
  • Unbecoming by Jenny Downham
  • The Accident Season by Moira Fowley Doyle
  • The Lost And The Found by Cat Clarke
  • Vendetta by Catherine Doyle
  • Am I Normal Yet? by Holly Bourne
  • The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting by Holly Bourne
  • Soulmates by Holly Bourne
  • Not If I See You First by Eric Lindstrom
  • Thirteen by Tom Hoyle
  • Hour Of The Bees by Lindsay Eagar
  • Flawed by Cecelia Ahern
  • Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
  • Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo



Asking For It. Asking For It is Louise O' Neill's new YA book. I got this because I was going to be meeting Louise O' Neill at DeptCon1.

Unbecoming. This is Jenny Downham's new release and I got this because well it had a fabulous cover, fabulous storyline and because I was going to be meeting Jandy Nelson at DeptCon1 too.


The Accident Season. I got this spooky book for Halloween time but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Moira Fowley Doyle was also at DeptCon1!




The Lost And The Found. This is a release by Cat Clarke with a very, very interesting premise that I just had to pick it up. I love the cover too and Cat Clarke was at DeptCon1 too.

Vendetta. A first book in a series by Catherine Doyle. I was really intrigued by the Romeo and Juliet and mafia aspect of this book, so I picked it up!. Catherine Doyle was also at DeptCon1!



Am I Normal Yet?. A first book in The Normal Series by Holly Bourne. I have just been very interested in contemporary / reaistic fiction that have a darker side lately whether it deals with violence, abuse or illness. Holly Bourne was also at DeptCon1.

The Manifesto On How To Be Interesting. I heard Holly Bourne talk on her panel and just had to pick up all her books then and there.

Soulmates. Holly Bourne's debut. I picked this up after hearing her speak on her panel!.




Not If I See You First. This book is an arc and is set to release next year. I got this free in the DeptCon1 goodie bag.

Thirteen. I also got this book free in the DeptCon1 goodie bag.

Hour Of The Bees. Another arc which I got in the DeptCon1 goodie bag. I believe this releases in March 2016 and is a middle grade novel.

Flawed. This came as a manuscript in my DeptCon1 goodie bag. Yay!! And this is Cecilia Ahern's first YA novel.




Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. This book was just sitting there pretty in the bookshop and I just had to pick it up after all the good things I'd been hearing.

Illuminae. One of my most anticipated reads of 2015! Just had to get this. And it wasn't even on the shelves when I went in... I asked and they had it in the back to be put out the following day but I still got one.

Six Of Crows. Do I need to explain my reasoning for getting this book... I think not.

October 2015 Wrap Up

I read so many good books in October!

What Was Read:

(Reviews should be posted soon)

Defeating My TBR Progress!!

So ya, I went through my shelves again and even though I got a ton of new books this month, my TBR is at 97 books! I'm below 100!!! :D Never did I ever think that I would see this day.

Other News:

Currently Reading:
I've been in this state of starting all these new books and not finishing any so here's what I have shelved as currently reading at the moment.

  1. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
  2. The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
  3. A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin
  4. Talon by Julie Kagawa
  5. Rumours by Anna Godbersen
  6. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
  7. Monsters by Ilsa J. Bick
  8. The Boy In The Smoke by Maureen Johnson
  9. The Accident Season by Moira Fowley Doyle
  10. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan


Book Reviews this month: 
I have been catching up on my reviews. Thankfully! Still have a bit to go, but less than what was there anyway.. 


I was at my first ever YA book Convention!!:
- DeptCon1 (expect this post soon!!)

And lastly, memes, I only did one this month:
Best of the Bunch -
October 2015 - The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich


And that is it for my wrap up and book haul!!
How was your spooky October??

No comments:

Post a Comment