Monday 28 December 2015

End of Year Book Survey - 2015

End of Year Book Survey - 2015


2015-end-of-year-book-survey-1024x984


It's that time of year again!! I found this survey, which is created by The Perpetual Page Turner, last year and I have just been waiting patiently to get to do it again! Yay!! Let's begin! P.S if you want to join in and do the survey too click here!


Just as a side note I will probably have more books read after I finish this survey so hey :P


reading-stats-2015-1024x278
Number of Books You Read - 60 (So Far!)
Number of Rereads - 6
Genre You Read The Most From - Young Adult


best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2015?

You all know I cheat at this question right?? Here it goes, by genre:
Young Adult Fantasy - The Young Elites by Marie Lu
Young Adult Contemporary - Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Young Adult Dystopia - The One by Kiera Cass
Young Adult Horror - The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
Young Adult Science Fiction - Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Young Adult Magical Realism - The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
Young Adult Historical Fiction - Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
Young Adult Paranormal - Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Young Adult Novella - Fairest by Marissa Meyer
New Adult - A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
Adult - A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

A book that I was really excited for was The Next Together by Lauren James. It was a debut released this year and I bought it soon after its release date but I was really disappointed with it. I was expecting a book that was going to blow me away but it was only ok. I gave it 3 Stars.

3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? 
The most surprising book I read this year was Trouble Is A Friend Of Mine by Stephanie Tromly. I got this book in my Owlcrate and wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. I gave it 5 Stars.

4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?

Amm I think it was I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson. I even made my friend read it so that we could go see Jandy Nelson in Dublin and she loved it so much!

5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?

The best series I started is between The Ilumminae Files, The Young Elites & A Court of Thorns and Roses.
The best sequel was Cress by Marissa Meyer.
The best ending to a series that I read was Monsters by Ilsa J. Bick.

6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015?

I discovered many new authors in 2015, but the best would have to be either Patrick Ness, Morgan Matson or Ruta Sepetys, simply because I read more than 1 of their works this year alone!

7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

A genre I don't typically read is New Adult. I kind of cringe away from the typical plot lines and all that but I loved A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas.

8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

Definitely Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff. I read the whole book in the span of two days. I couldn't put it down!

9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

I really have a feeling that I'm going to be rereading I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson next year.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015?

2015 was just the year of fabulous covers so this is definitely a hard one...

The Next TogetherThe Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone, #2)A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1)
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava LavenderA Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)Talon
Since You've Been GoneIlluminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)I'll Give You the Sun

11. Most memorable character of 2015?

Adelina Amouteru was definitely the most memorable and unique because she is an anti-hero and it isn't often you read a book where the main character is the bad guy!

12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

I have to say that The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender was the most beautiful written book I read in 2015.

13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015?

The Most Thought Provoking would have to be Asking For It by Louise O' Neill. This is an important book that everyone should read about rape, consent, victim blaming and really does make you think about our society and the type of people that are in it.

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? 

I can't believe it took me till 2015 to read More Than This by Patrick Ness. That book was released in 2013 and I wouldn't have even picked it up only for my brother picked it up in the shop and got me to buy it. Such a mind blowing, amazing book though.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015?

I don't really pay attention to quotes much but I loved this one from I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson - 'Maybe some people are just meant to be in the same story.'

16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?

Shortest - The Tailor by Leigh Bardugo
Longest - A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin

17. Book That Shocked You The Most

I'm going to go with The One by Kiera Cass. This book as predictable as it was shocked me because I loved it so much. I didn't like The Elite as much as I liked The Selection and was shocked to learn that I liked The One the best simply because of its cuddly, fluffy, swoon worthy, smile teasing entertainment value.

18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

I only ship a few couples really but from 2015 my OTP of the Year was Kady & Ezra, such emotions I went through reading about this relationship. God.... 

19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Jude and Noah from I'll Give You The Sun. I loved he relationship they had as twins.

20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

The Young Elites by Marie Lu. I read Marie Lu's Legend series and adred it and just fell in love with this book too. What did I expect, it's Marie Lu after all. 

21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:

Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I picked this up on a whim solely because of recommendations. I didn't even know what the book was really about...

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

Rhysand from A Court of Thorns and Roses & Wolf and Thorne and possibly Kai from The Lunar Chronicles.... and there may be more,... leave me be...

23. Best 2015 debut you read?

It's between The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich and The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton.

24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

The world of The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.

25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

Trouble Is A Friend Of Mine by Stephanie Tromly. It was so entertaining!! Digby!

26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015?

Unbecoming by Jenny Downham....

27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

Unbecoming by Jandy Nelson! It's such a great book and on Goodreads it only has 124 ratings.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

Hmmm, I didn't have any crush souling books this year..

29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015?

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff. I loved the uniqueness of this story. There was just so much to and then the way it was told was just extraordinary!

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

Blood Red Road by Moira Young. I was so mad because everyone I heard talking about this book loved it and I couldn't get past page 50...


book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015?

I discovered quite a few book blogs again this year but I won't be naming any favourites because well we all put so much work into our blogs we all deserve to be favourites!

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015?

My review for Illuminae by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

BookTube-A-Thon 2015 post.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

Going to DeptCon1 and all the other signings I went to this year which I still need to do a post about... grrr.....

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

Making it past the one year mark!! :D

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Going through those nasty slumps in both my reading and blogging life...

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

BookTube-A-Thon 2015 post.

8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

I can't name one at the minute...

9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

Bookstagram!!

10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I completed my Goodreads Challenge and well everything else took a spiral as you may have seen from my 2015 Challenge Update.


looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016?

There is actually quite a few but definitely The Rose Society by Marie Lu. 

2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)?

The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp

4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016?

Gemina by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016?

To complete all the goals I set out!

6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:

I have not read any.....

2 comments:

  1. I read The Selection so long ago, like way back when it first came out, yet I still haven't continued on with the series! I definitely need to hurry up and do that. Good luck with your reading next year!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see someone else discover and fall as hard for THE YOUNG ELITES this year as I did! Love that book (and THE ROSE SOCIETY) so much. Hope you love that and THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS as much as I did in 2016!

    ReplyDelete