Wednesday 9 December 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #25

Top Ten Tuesday #25

Top Ten New To Me Favourite Authors I Read For The First Time in 2015.


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and consists of them picking a topic each week for us bloggers to list our Top Ten.

I read so many new authors this year so in no particular order here we go....

1. Louise O' Neill
I read Louise O' Neill's new 2015 release 'Asking For It' only a few months ago and it was such a dramatic, gripping and intense book that I suggest everyone should read especially because of the topic of this book - rape. 
Asking For ItLouise O'Neill

2. Dawn Kurtagich
I loved Dawn Kurtagich's debut novel 'The Dead House' and I seriously can't wait for her 2016 release 'The Creeper Man' either. Dawn just has an awesome writing style and just such a great thriller, mystery writer for YA,
The Dead HouseDawn Kurtagich

3. Stephanie Tromly
This book was such a surprise for me! I didn't think that I would love it as much as I did. It was just such an entertaining read and there is supposed to be a sequel to 'Trouble Is A Friend Of Mine' next year!!
Trouble Is a Friend of MineStephanie Tromly


4. Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
This duo is just perfect. Illuminae was an incredible novel and wow! I can't even say anything...
Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)Image result for amie kaufman & jay kristoff

5. Katherine Howe
I loved, loved, loved Katherine Howe's book Conversion that I read this year and I can't wait to get my hands on her new novel The Appearance of Annie van Sinderen.
ConversionKatherine Howe

6. Jennifer Niven
I just fell in love with All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven this year!
All the Bright PlacesJennifer Niven

7. Ruta Sepetys
I have only read one book by Ruta Sepetys but she instantly became a favourite after that and then I need to read all her other books!
Out of the EasyRuta Sepetys

8. Morgan Matson
Of course Morgan Matson is on the list. She is the awesome author that started me reading Contemporary and I just haven't been able to stop because of her! Yay, Morgan Matson!!
Since You've Been GoneSecond Chance SummerMorgan Matson

9. Patrick Ness
I read and was mind blown by Patrick Ness's 'More Than This' and then was ecstatic to find out about his new release 'The Rest Of Us Just Live Here'. Unfortunately, I didn't like the latter as much as the first but he is still one of my favourite authors!
More Than ThisPatrick Ness

10. Leslye Walton
I read Leslye Walton's debut novel at the start of this year and fell in love. I just can't wait for her to release something new because she is definitely a new favourite!
The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava LavenderLeslye Walton



Who are your new to you 2015 favourite authors??

2 comments:

  1. I read Ruta Sepetys for the first time this year too and I loved her book, Between Shades of Grey!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/top-ten-tuesday-34/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot of good things about All the Bright Places and The Dead House. Maybe I need to check them out.

    ReplyDelete