Sunday 7 February 2016

Book Review - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 

(Harry Potter #1)

Author: J. K. Rowling

Genres: Middle Grade, Fantasy, Magic. 

Published: September 1 2014

Pages: 352 pages (Paperback) (Bloomsbury Childrens)

Read: January 14 2016

Rating: 5 Stars




When a letter arrives for unhappy but ordinary Harry Potter, a decade-old secret is revealed to him that apparently he’s the last to know. His parents were wizards, killed by a Dark Lord’s curse when Harry was just a baby, and which he somehow survived. Leaving his unsympathetic aunt and uncle for Hogwarts, a wizarding school brimming with ghosts and enchantments, Harry stumbles upon a sinister mystery when he finds a three-headed dog guarding a room on the third floor. Then he hears of a missing stone with astonishing powers which could be valuable, dangerous – or both. An incredible adventure is about to begin!

Book 4/65 - 2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge

Oh my God! Why did I wait so long to read Harry Potter!!! What the hell was I doing? On second note though, I'm glad that I did wait because I wouldn't have been able to get these beautiful covers from Bloomsbury. I grew up with the Harry Potter movies. I watched them as they released and every Christmas and Easter the tv would just be full of all the Harry Potter movies. I know people say that you aren't a fan if you just watched the movies, but I was a fan of the movies and now I have decided to read the books. 

One aspect that I am delighted to have done is watched the movies first. As I went through and read this book, I could see the movie playing in my head, I saw Hagrid, Hogwarts, Daniel Radcliffe as Harry, Emma Watson as Hermoine and so on. I had their voices in my head and well, for me anyway, it increased my enjoyment of the book.

I just adored this story so much that I even completed this book in a day. A day, people, that must be a first! But well what can I say, I just fell in love... J. K. Rowling's writing is fabulous and well she is a queen. She created Harry Potter and the world he lives in! She is simply awesome for that and I fell into this story so easily it was like returning to a lifetime favourite even though I was just reading this for the first time.

I can't wait to continue on with this series. You all know that one of my 2016 goals was to read the whole Harry Potter series. So I plan on reading a Harry Potter book a month if I can :P But that's the plan anyway. I still just can't believe I waited so long and I seriously can't wait to read the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment