Friday 26 February 2016

Book Review - Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

Me Before You (Me Before You, #1)Me Before You

(Me Before You #1)

Author: Jojo Moyes

Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Romance. 

Published: 2012

Pages: 481 pages (Paperback) (Penguin)

Read: February 22 2016 - February 26 2016

Rating: 5 Stars




Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.

Book 9/65 - 2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge




I'm sitting here with my laptop, a cosy fire roaring at my back, a bar of chocolate clutching in my hand with my heart just feeling like it is breaking in two. I finished this book just a mere few hours ago and I am still feeling heartbroken and muddled and really I can't get my thoughts fully together for this one so if this review is more rambly than the ones I've written before you know why.

I went into this book after watching the movie trailer. (I will be seeing this movie in the cinema!! I will!) As soon as I started this book I knew I would love it. I felt attached to Louisa Clark almost immediately. I loved her as a character and I just thought that she was so connectable. In ways she reminded me of myself.

Then I met Will and from the get go I fell for him, even if Louisa didn't. But I loved Will's dry humour and as we went through the novel, I grew more and more attached to him as his personality came through and we got to see Will as Will and I just, oh God.... Even thinking about him has made the ache in my chest grow much more. 

Nathan and Treena were also very lovable characters in this novel and I just thought that Jojo Moyes did an excellent job at creating such individual characters that were completely connectable and diverse in their own ways. 

She also did a remarkable job at portraying such a heartbreaking story. Because I fell so deep for the characters in this book, he events of the story itself had me wrapped in an emotional whirlwind. I was delighted, falling in love, anger, sad and everything in between. I felt there was no dull moment in this book and I just loved every word on every single page. 

I turned the last page of this book and just had this urge and craving for more. God sake, I need to go get this sequel. I need to know what else is going to happen and where everything will go and I just need more of these characters really.

There was one fault I had with this book though and I can't go into details because of spoilers but let's just say that I wanted more detail towards the end. I know that that would have had me bawling my eyes out completely. But I still very much loved this book and I can't wait to continue on with the sequel as well as look into some of Jojo Moyes other novels too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment