Monday 15 February 2016

Book Review - The Rose Society by Marie Lu

The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2)The Rose Society

(The Young Elites #2)

Author: Marie Lu

Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Magic. 

Published: October 15 2015

Pages: 448 pages (Paperback) (Penguin)

Read: January 21 2016 - January 27 2016

Rating: 5 Stars


SPOILERS FOR PREVIOUS BOOK AHEAD


Adelina Amouteru's heart is set on revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers who nearly killed her.

But Adelina is no heroine. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends at the Dagger Society want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good, when her very existence depends on darkness?

Book 6/65 - 2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge

This novel was the sequel to The Young Elites by Marie Lu and I loved this book just as much as I loved The Young Elites. After completing The Young Elites I just needed to get my hands on this book. Unfortunately, it hadn't been released then and I had to wait.... And I just waited a bit more after the release, cause, why not? :P  

The Rose Society picks up where The Young Elites left off. I was devastated after reading The Young Elites because of Enzo's death and I was highly anticipating what would happen in this novel. I had a number of ideas as what would happen and I was actually delighted to see that the idea that I ad first came to fruition in this novel. I was just blown away. 

I actually really dislike reviewing sequels because I have so much thoughts and have no idea what to say because of spoilers. So yes, this is going to be another time when I say I have no idea what to say only that I loved this freaking book so much! Marie Lu is a queen at writing novels.

I can't wait to get my hands on The Midnight Star! Even just to see the cover and have a release date would suffice me right now but I literally can not wait! I need to know what will happen and I just need to know.....

3 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! I agree. Marie Lu is magnificent! I LOVED The Rose Society! I can't wait till The Midnight Star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Awesome! I know, neither can I and the cover is stunning!

      Delete
    2. Hey! Awesome! I know, neither can I and the cover is stunning!

      Delete